Monday 3 September 2012

How do you consider yourself working online? Are you a long-term-relationship type or the contractual-freelancing type?

Basically, any of the two works and earns online, but the thing is, as the name implies, the duration of their employment contract.

Few outsourcers highly consider short-termed freelancers to work for them. The rate is usually hourly or daily with over-the-top rate higher than their counterpart online workers. Yet the ETA or the estimated Time of Accomplishment of a project is damn shorter, for example a coding project might be done in a week or so, and that's it, end of contract.

While on the other hand, startups looking for solid team are in great lookout for talents who wants to work with them full time and long-term.

I, for example, consider myself a long-term online worker. I have been working for my current boss for a year now.

I wish to correct the notion that all online worker is equated to freelancers. I can not say that I am a freelancer since I have a premeditated list of tasks to be done. I work in an office (at home in front of my PC) with pre-eminent work hours, which is 8 hours a day 5 days a week.

Freelancers on the other hand have no boss but a contract to answer to. They have all the time they need but needs to answer for the deadline set.

1 comment:

  1. Watch The Walking Dead (USA) on YouTube
    › tv-videos › the-walking-dead- › tv-videos › the-walking-dead- Watch convert youtube video to mp3 The Walking Dead (USA) on YouTube. YouTube. 1.0. The Walking Dead - The Walking Dead. 0.4. The Walking Dead - The Walking Dead. 0.5. The Walking

    ReplyDelete

Speak up!

ABOUT US! Online Filipino Workers' Blog or OFW Speak is a hub design to give aspiring Filipino Workers succeed with their online career. It can be a reference of materials for you to learn.

 

As an online worker, it is a privilege to bring back to the community what I had learned from it. It took me 2 years to fully master my craft as a web developer without any formal education. What I got is passion and willingness to learn.

 

So for this, I collaborated with other online workers and started this blog that will include tips that will make your online career more fulfilling. We may not fully attend your needs as an online worker but we are sure that we wille xtend the best of our efforts to share whatever knowledge we have gained from years of experience. May you find this blog or hub useful!